Join Malsce Today
Submit Button

FEMA Launches New Way To Submit Request To Change Property Zone Designation

Type:  Featured News  

FEMA Launches New Way To Submit Request To Change Property Zone Designation

(November 2012)


FEMA is launching a new way to submit a request to change a property’s flood zone designation – with the Online Letter of Map Change (LOMC)!  If a property owner believes his/her property has been inadvertently included in a Special Flood Hazard Area, the property owner may now request a change on the web, instead of by mail. Applicants can use this new website instead of the MT-1 or MT-EZ paper forms.  Professional surveyors, engineers, property owners, or their designated representatives, can use this online tool to conveniently submit required documents, property information, and payment information all in one place.  
This app will allow land surveyors to better meet clients' needs. Benefits include:
 - Applicants may save information online and finish applying at their convenience
 -  Clear and intuitive interface makes applying user-friendly
 -  Eliminates time associated with the paper-based submission
 -  Frequent applicants can manage multiple LOMC requests online
 -  More efficient communications with LOMC processing staff
 -  Applicants can check their application status in real-time

Learn more about this new tool:  www.fema.gov/online-lomc



Sustaining Members








One Walnut Street, Boston, MA 02108-3616

Tel. 617-227-5551 Fax. 617-227-6783

Copyright 2017 by the Massachusetts Association of Land Surveyors and Civil Engineers. All rights reserved.

Supported by the Staff of